Staff of the Umbra
(Requires attunement by a Sentinel of the Umbra)
This staff is made of a strange black wood inscribed with silver runes in deep speech and can be used as a quarterstaff. At the top of the staff are three blackish green tentacles. When not in use for attacking, the tentacles remain securely wrapped around the staff. Upon command, the tentacles unwrap themselves and become surrounded by green fire, providing bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet.
- You have a +1 bonus to melee attack and damage rolls made with this magic staff.
- While holding this staff, you gain a +1 bonus to spell attack rolls and to the saving throw DCs of your warlock spells.
- While holding this staff, you can speak and understand Deep Speech.
- You can regain one warlock spell slot as an action while holding the staff. You can’t use this property again until you finish a long rest.
- While holding the staff, you can use an action to direct each tentacle to attach a creature you can see within 15 feet of you. Each tentacle unwraps from the staff and becomes surrounded by green flames. Each tentacle makes a melee attack roll with a +9 bonus. On a hit, the tentacle deals 1D6 bludgeoning and fire damage.
- If you hit a target with all three tentacles in one attack, it must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature’s speed is halved, it has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it can’t use reactions for 1 minute. In addition, on each of its turns, it can take either an action or bonus action, but not both. At the end of each of its turns, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success.